Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just a lil' layout

In my effort to pay more attention to my blog, I shall endeavor to post something daily whether or not I actually have anything to say.
This is one of the layouts I submitted to the Purple Onion Creative Team call. I knew while I was doing it that there just wasn't enough stamping to showcase the stamps properly. But each time I tried to add something, it just looked wrong. You all know what I'm talking about. I decided to leave it "as is" and even though I didn't make the final cut, have a layout I love.
The photo is from our niece's wedding this past summer. I've hardly scrapped any of the photos and am glad to have finally "dug in".
I used Noel Mignon's "Blue Skies" kit for this layout. This kit is sold out (and sold out quickly!), but she has lots of wonderful product ON SALE right now and a friggin' fantastic CONTEST going on.



5 comments:

Noel said...

Very slick indeed!! Love this Tara! :)

Greta Adams said...

incredible...love all the detail and the stitching...
sorry you didn't make it to the final cut but you should def. be proud...

Denise said...

I'm sorry you weren't chosen, too. The layout you did is excellent - perfect balance of stamp usage, if you ask me. :o)

Carol said...

another GORGEOUS layout from Tara! You always inspire me to try new things...

Susan Beth said...

Oh, love this. Especially the tearing/shaping you did. Your work is top notch, and they are missing out by not selecting you.