Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Little Sad

Tracey posted the following over at Scraphoria today ...

NEWS RELEASE: October 1, 2008
June 2006, the doors opened at Scraphoria.ca. Throughout the past 28 months we have had such a good time. The introduction of the Monthly Kits in September, 2006 began a run of 24 monthly kits. Many of the visitors to the Message Board and website have been around from the beginning and others come and go. We have seen some fabulous designers, we have had so many talented people try for the Design Team Calls and post their gorgeous creations on our website. I have thoroughly enjoyed being the founder of Scraphoria and meeting and working with all you exciting people.
As many of you know I have been having much difficulty with my health over this past year and feel that at this time it is best for me and for my family that I step back and start looking after me. The time committment doing something I just love is, as you know, more hours than there are in the day. I know you will all understand that at least for now that I have to stop all the planning and start enjoying all the things that I love about scrapbooking.
I plan on putting together a few limited run kits encorporating some items that are meant to be together. We will not be bringing is much more inventory, only what is already on its way. Right from the start we have never over priced our stock.
Beginning today I am beginning a progressive sale offering 10% off everything that is currently is stock, to get the items that you have been thinking about the best selection is now!
We are not closing, simply stepping back. Keep checking the site, the Blog and Message Board. I would miss you all if you we not around. :)


So I'm just a touch sad. I've known for a little bit that this was coming. September was the last kit but she'd left the door slightly ajar that she may come back to them when her health improved. I think she's made the right decision though. She needs to focus on what is truly important in life. Too often, we as women stretch ourselves too thinly and end up paying a hefty price. Take care of yourself Tracey!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I agree....it's so sad! But I completely understand since her health is much more important :)

I really love that site...it's such a great close-knit family environment!!!