Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getting There

I finally wrapped presents tonight after the kids went to bed. It feels so good to get that off my list. I need to pick up one tomorrow from the Sears drop-off and a few little stocking stuffers, but then I'm done. Now I just have to figure out what I still need to get for Christmas Day dinner.
I watched Christmas Vacation on tv while wrapping. I hate when they cut out portions of the movie. One of these years I'm going to have to break down and buy the movie so I can watch the whole thing. It's still my favorite holiday movie after all these years. Although Elf is coming in a close second. The kids watched it with us a few nights ago and were cracking up the whole way through.
I hope I'm not sore tomorrow. I fell down not once, but twice, today in the barn. I don't think there's another soul who is as uncoordinated as me. I even managed to land in my bum in a puddle of goopy gunk. Nothing quite like walking back to the house in frigid temperatures with a wet bum.



On the scrappy front, I managed to get a card and little gift baggie thing made for my mom. (Both made with the sold out Winter Weather kit from Noel Mignon.) We had dinner at her house last night and I ate way too much. I have no self control. Especially when there is Christmas Pudding within the immediate area. Diet starts Jan 1st. I'm such a cliche. Did I spell that write?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Colleen said...

i'm with you on the diet thang. we can be diet buds.

oh, and thanks for mentioning that the kit is 'sold out'. :P