Monday, December 8, 2008

Pardon my French ...

... but I am PISSED!
So I'm upstairs trying to hem up a $3 bathrobe that I bought at the Salvation Army today for Bob to wear as "Joseph" at his Christmas concert tomorrow. I have Will & Paul in the tub, with Bob watching. They're in the very next room. I hear laughter. How nice. Then I hear something that perks up my ears. I say, "there better not be any water outside of that tub!". Bob says, "there is ... it's like a flood!" and laughs. It's all the way out into the hall. 5 big bath towels later, it's fairly dry. I've never seen these kids get into the pjs so fast and hop in bed without complaining. My throat hurts.
I come down to cool out. Grab a glass of wine. Sit down.
Drip. Drip. Drip.
There's still water dripping down through the ceiling.
Another towel and a bucket.
That's all.
Nothing else to share right now.
Just wanted y'all to understand what my evenings are like.
Try not to be too jealous.

2 comments:

NancyG said...

oh, dear. swear word.
have another glass of wine.

Lee said...

That is *so* Dennis-the-Menace! It's like those cliched things you hear about, but figure never really happen in real life. Like broken windows, frogs in pockets and PB&J in the VCR. (am I ringing any bells here?)