Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer is Officially Here

I was wondering if it was going to skip right over to Fall, but I think we'll get a bit of warm weather before the leaves turn.

We left to go camping last Monday for the week and were supposed to come home Saturday.

It rained.

Every single day.

And was cold.

The kids couldn't have cared less. But by Friday, I was done.

A few days after coming home, I came down with an ear ache which turned into ear infections in both ears. I stuck it out until Friday and finally went to get some antibiotics. Now in addition to the ear infections, I've got it in my sinuses. yay. I've been sort of puttering around but went out today in the heat to do some yard work. I had hoped that I might sweat some of this crap out, but I don't feel any difference. I'm just dirtier.

Dave and Bob went fishing tonight, so Will, Paul and I had dinner out of doors. Real fancy. Hot dogs and potato chips. It was just gorgeous. And quiet. And relaxing. And appreciated.

I've got lots of photos and layouts to share, but I'm too lazy to do it right now. I need to hop in the shower to get ready for Big Brother and SYTYCD. I'm a big loser. So sue me.

I signed up for this though. I've been in such a rut that I'm hoping this gives me a little kick in the can. I'm so looking forward to it.

No comments: