Monday, August 10, 2009

Gosh it's hot ...

Funny. Usually July is our hot month, but I think July forgot it was July this year. Last night was the first night this summer that it was too hot to sleep upstairs. We usually have a few each year when we all find a cool spot on our main level. No, we don't have air conditioning. We live in a century home that is lovely, with lots of character. But no air conditioning. Like I said, there are only a few nights when you really miss it. Otherwise we get by.
Through the day is when I notice it. It's so muggy that you just feel "heavy". I'm not a hot weather gal. I don't like cold weather either. I'm a not to cold, not too hot gal. Call me Goldilocks.
On to scrappy things. The following is a layout based on the current Inspired Blueprints sketch. I used all My Mind's Eye papers on this one. So beachy. I won this pack at the last crop on the Noel Mignon message board. There's another coming up this week (tomorrow!) and Noel is so generous with prizes. If you've got time to participate, it's definately worth your while.

I added the twine, punched some circles from old sheet music and sprayed some watered down white acrylic paint on Prima flowers. Vintage buttons and Making Memories cork alphas (picked up on clearance ... score) finish this bad boy.
Paul does either "the double thumbs up" or "the single thumbs up" (accompanied by "the wink") almost every time he sees a camera so we've started calling it his signature move. The kid just has the ability to crack people up. And he knows it. Not good.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry and then find a cool spot to chillax. It's a good job I stocked up on popcicles and freezies last week ;)

3 comments:

jamie said...

he is adorable!!!!
love the whole beach feel you got layed down on that project. it is sweet all the way around.
lovin' your easy use of paint too.

Colleen said...

atlanta is a wonderful place to chillax ;)

we have popsicles too

Jen Mc said...

Super cute layout!
I hope things cool down soon - I understand the no a/c thing.