Sunday, August 30, 2009

Let's Capture These Sketches

A few layouts I did this month using the sketches provides at Let's Capture These Sketches. The sponsor for the month is Pink Paislee, so I thought it the perfect opportunity to dig into my huge Pink Paislee stash. I've loved their last few lines and it looks like the new ones are going to be crowd pleaser's too.
Sketch #4 ...

I was in the mood to experiment. My title block is a piece of Pink Paislee chipboard. The colour wasn't really what I wanted so I attached vintage book paper to the BACK of the chipboard. That way I was able to use the sticky backing for a nice flat surface without having to wait for glue to dry. I applied an uneven coating of Ranger Crackle Paint and then accented the cracks with Distress Ink when it had dried. And I didn't realize that I'd left out "in" until I was looking at this photo so there is now a small "in" in front of "shirtsleeves".
I also ripped off the front of the butterfly chipboard piece, sprayed it with Glimmer Mist and applied a thin layer of Distress Stickles. Lots of fiddlin' but fun.


Sketch #5 ... I saw someone recently use a similar title and it made me laugh. I wish I could remember who it was now. I'm getting awful for that. I'll have to start keeping an "I saw it here" list to go back to so that I can give people credit.

1 comment:

irishirish15 said...

Great LOs Tara - love all the layering and colors.