Friday, September 4, 2009

Ahhhhh ....

I'm feeling so lazy today. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm going to a crop tonight. I just can't get motivated to do anything else because I'm thinking of my upcoming scrappies.
Last weekend before school starts up. I had tossed around the idea of taking the kids to my mom's trailer for a few nights, but wasn't really feeling it. Decided to do my crop tonight and some other things instead. We're going out for dinner with friends tomorrow night. No kids! It's been ages since I've gone to a restaurant without kids. And when I say ages, it's to the point that I can't even really remember the last time. I think it's been almost a year. Sad, isn't it?
On Sunday night, we're going to have friends over for supper. It may end up being a pizza night if I'm not motivated to cook. And I'm definately OK with that.
So overall, a pretty laid back weekend just spending time with friends and doing things I like. I really need it.
I did this layout this week. Not for any challenge. Just for fun. I was inspired by the layout composition of Jaime Warren's layout I saw on the Prima blog.



Definately not as swirly and girlie as Jaime's, but I love how it turned out. I even used up my Riff Raff chipboard tree.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!



2 comments:

Tara Powell said...

What a great layout!
I have that same riff raff tree and I need to get it on a layout, love how you painted yours :)
Have fun at your crop and have a great holiday weekend!

Tara said...

Thanks! The tree actually has a layer of red ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I was going to do another layer so that it had a smoother finish but decided I like the pitted look of it.