Thursday, April 22, 2010

Too Short

I've had this photo since the end of last summer. My roommate from University and her girls were up for a visit. I met Anna one of the first days I was in residence and her room was directly across from mine. The following year, we moved into a house her dad owned and were roommates for the next three years. That was 20 years ago. There's nothing like doing a bit of math to make a gal feel old! We see each other every few years, but our visits go by so quickly.
Sigh.
I really love the colours that are in the new Jillibean Soup lines. I especially love that the papers are double-sided. This layout makes the most of my supplies.
I cut two strips of the green patterned paper and attached them to either side of an old sheet of patterned paper that I know I'm never going to use.
To create the centre portion, I used a scrap piece of cardstock that was slightly wider than the space that was left.
On the other side of the green, is this lovely text paper. I cut two small strips and attached them to the top and bottom of the scrap cardstock.
This whole centre section is now attached to the background.
I punched strips from the napkin (included in the Cabbage Soup add-on) and glued them in layers onto the cardstock strip, leaving the ends overhanging. Once all of the strips were on and dry, I wrapped the ends around to the back and taped them to leave a nice clean edge.
the photo is mounted on Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and then mounted again on a piece of fabric (included in the main kit).
The photo is added to the background using foam adhesive and embellished.
A branch was die-cut from another piece of the text paper using the Silhouette.
This layout uses the Cabbage Soup add-on, a few bits from Sunday Brunch and a few other bits from the Up The Street store.

1 comment:

Greta Adams said...

gorgeous layout sista!!
love the use of the napkins....