Saturday, July 10, 2010

July Kits at Up The Street

Holy Moly. That month went fast. The end of the school year seems to be super busy for everyone.
We just got back Thursday from camping for a week at the Pinery Provincial Park. It was such great weather for camping. Super hot ... so the beach was a must each day. And no rain. It started raining almost immediately when we arrived home and rained off and on through 'till morning.
I had posted Up The Street's July kit before I left, but hadn't shown it here. Homespun Appeal had a real vintage flavour with lots of October Afternoon, Jenni Bowlin and 7 Gypsies ...
I've been working away at some more layouts, but here are a few to give you an idea of what can be done with the main kit ...
The text paper from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop line is probably one of my favorites ...
I used Tim Holtz's Bitty Grunge Unmounted Set to stamp the black ink dots and then spritzed over with watered down Making Memories acrylic paint in Honeydew. Although I love Shimmerz and Glimmer Mist, I also like the matte finish that watered down acrylic paint gives.
I just had to document Paul's favorite stuffed friend, Doggy Pig ...
Tim Holtz's Nature's Discovery Unmounted Set is used on this layout with Clearsnap Pigment Ink in Black with clear embossing powder on kraft cardstock, trimmed out and "painted" with watery Distress Inks in Peeled Paint and Fired Brick ...
The images are then mounted using 3-D Foam Squares.
I'll be back with more in a few days. Have a great weekend :)

No comments: