Friday, July 22, 2011

Unity Stamps Friends with Flair Friday

Happy Friday All!  If you're visiting from the Unity blog ... thanks for stopping by :)
I've only recently started playing with Copic markers and am thoroughly enjoying them.
My card this week uses the "My Sunshine" Itty Bitty.  You're also getting a peek at the August kit for Up The Street Scrapbooking ;)
As a novic Copic user, my shading needs a little more work, but I'm pleased at how it has been coming along.  My favorite bit of this card is how the "sunshine" shading came out using yellow and orange copic markers.
I also added a bit of Glossy Accents to the title letters, the hearts, the sun rays and the border.

Supplies used:
Patterned Paper ... We R Memory Keepers Travel Light All Aboard
Cardstock ... Bazzill Kraft & Copic Illustration Paper
Ink ... Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers ... BG10, BG70, BG72, R24, YR68, Y15
Die ... Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Labels 1
Other ... twine, Creative Imaginations Real Wood Thin Birch, Ranger Glossy Accents

The other item I wanted to share today was the method I use for organizing my Unity stamps.
I recently moved them all to 3 ring binders using Stamp 'n Store panels.  While I was pleased with the storage, it was difficult to know what was where.
So I made a wee book :)
 I little cover page using one of my recently aquired stamps ...
 For the sets that came in the Unity cardboard packaging, I simply cut the packaging down to roughly 5 1/2 inches by 4 3/4 inches. 
The rest of the album is done in 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 sheets of kraft cardstock. 
Itty Bitties ...
 Random singles ...
 Monthly kits ...
This system has made it so much easier to see what I have.  The sheets are simply done in the same order as the storage sheets in the binder.

Supplies used:
Stamps ... Marah Johnson Art & Soul
Patterned Paper ... Basic Grey Lauderdale Bikini Time
Chipboard ... Bazzill Polka Dot Glazed
Cardstock ... Bazzill Kraft
Embellishment ... Maya Road Kraft Scroll Journaling Tag
Ink ... Staz On Jet Black, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Charcoal
Mists ... Studio Calico Apple Jack, Ranger Perfect Pearls Kiwi
Die ... Tim Holtz Mini Baroque
Other ... book ring
Visit the Unity blog to see what everyone else has come up with this week for FWF!

11 comments:

jennifer mitten said...

Fabulous card!

Anne Tussing said...

Terrific card! Love the copic shading!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Great card and love the organization of your stamps!

Ruby said...

Great card Tara. I see that you have got several Unity stamps now.

Erin said...

What an amazing book!!! I must do something similar- things are getting out of hand ;) Your glossy accent card is incredible!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I LOVE your card--it is so cheerful. The coloring, the glossy accents, the pp--awesome! Your organizational book is too cool. I love this idea!

Jen M said...

Lovely card and great idea for storage!

sharon g said...

What a good idea. I also love your card.

Roslyn said...

I love your card - the colors are fabulous. Great idea for organizing your stamps too!

Lesley Langdon said...

You are so organized! Awesome card and love the way you organize!

Gwen said...

Super cute card and I love your storage mini-book!