Thursday, June 12, 2008

Trash or Treasure?

What's new? I usually feel like I've got nothing going on, but when I stop to think about it, my days are pretty full.
I had to slip into the bank on Monday and usually go through the drive through, but actually hauled myself out of my vehicle on this occasion. At which point I noticed a new antique store across the street. I found some fun little things.

A bread box that I can't decide whether to use for bread or scrap supplies (it matched the woodwork in my scrap room perfectly so you can see my dilema).
Another little cigar box. I love the way they look scattered about my desk, hiding little treasures.

And a cigar can. The lid doesn't go on and off very easily so I don't know what I'm going to do with it. For now it's just something pretty to look at.

These fun little whatchmacalits. They should be neato on a project.

And this little gem was FREE. He was going to throw it out and said I could take it if I wanted it! Granted, it's tarnished and dirty now, but it's gonna be so pretty once I clean it up and do something with it. And it was FREE! Did I mention it was free? I never turn down anything. Which is why my house and sheds are filled with miscellaneous junk. You just never know. I've made coat racks from old barn board and railroad spikes and lurve them to death. Must take a photo some day.

Yesterday I took my glasses into the eye doctor. Unrepairable (as I assumed) but the lenses were still good so I just needed new frames. Fortunately, they had ordered one in for me when I called at the beginning of the week so it was just a few minutes and my spectacles were back in business. The frames also came with a replacement sunglass clip, which was great because my old ones were mucho scratched. I haven't even been able to wear them because I couldn't see out of them.
Annnnnd, my Studio Calico kit came! Oh joy! Haven't had time to play with it though. The last few days have been so beautiful that I've actually been inspired to do yard work. Don't worry ... that won't last! I'm pretty lazy when it comes to that kind of stuff. We live next door to my in-laws and this used to be their house. So if I'm out doing stuff, they find many OTHER things that need to be done too. It's just easier to hide inside and pretend I don't know what should be done out there.
On a sad note ... one of my other favorite clubs, Cupcake Scrapshop, won't be doing any more kits. Same old story ... life and family needing a little more attention and something has to give. It's a good job I've just hoarded all of the beautious trims I've gotten in my Cupcake kits since the beginning of time. I won't have to go cold turkey.
I'm not sure if you follow Kristina Contes' blog, but I am so loving her new format ... video blogging (I'm assuming that's what it's called anyway). Now that everything on TV is into re-runs, it's like finding a new show to watch. Granted, it's only like 4-6 minutes long each post, but I do so enjoy it.
I haven't gotten very much scrapbooking done just lately so I'll post some more of my June Scraphoria projects.



Almost forgot ... I'm hosting a challenge at Scraphoria, so check it out. I'll be posting the prize as soon as I get it made. Don't want to actually say what it will be in case it doesn't work the way I want it to!

ETA ... Spring Planting layout removed for publication in Canadian Scrapbooker Spring 2009!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

i love the tin with the lady on it!! and that photo with the spring planting LO is AMAZING!!!