Saturday, November 22, 2008

Frigging Winter


It is cold and there is much snow. I am not a fan of the snow. It's just too much work. These photos are from Thursday. I couldn't even be bothered taking pictures today. It snowed a good foot last night. Add that to the snow that was already there yesterday and it was almost up to the knees today. I cleaned off the van and we shovelled things out this morning after going to the barn, but I had to clean it off again before we could go away this afternoon.
Molly is such a princess about walking on wet grass that I was worried that once she saw snow, she wouldn't even get off the step. Surprisingly, she loves it. She roars around in big circles and finds all kinds of good sniffs to investigate. So cute watching her bounce through the snow that's up to her neck.
Will had a dentist appointment that is going to end up costing us big dough. These poor kids have my teeth, I'm afraid. Very weak enamel. This was the first time they were able to get x-rays because he has always just gagged when they tried before. 7 ... count 'em ... 7 cavities. I was almost sick. He brushes well, he drinks loads of milk and water. He doesn't suck on candies all day long. Man. You just feel like such a delinquent as a parent. Bob had 4 before and has to get 2 more done now too. I wonder if I can pay the dentist in trade? Nah ... I'm not worth that much.
No school today so Bob was home again. And now is the weekend so that'll be 4 days in a row with him home. I love my kids but that one's a lot of work. And he gets the other two going when normally they're pretty good. Hope the sun is out tomorrow so they can be out. I've got to get caught up in here. These carpets need a good shampoo but I'm not sure that I can be bothered when everyone is home. Maybe that's a job for when they're in school and I just have one home.
At least I don't have to go to the barn in the morning tomorrow (today? ... yes, it's 5am. Paul again). I can usually get a fair bit done when I don't have to spend the morning in the barn. Problem is that I feel like scrapping. Maybe if I'm a good girl in the morning and get lots done I'll allow myself a few hours in the afternoon to play. Yeah. That's what I'll do.
Now to see if the demon will go back to bed for a few hours.

6 comments:

CraftE-Blog said...

Holy look at the snow! I heard it was bad in Strath! Yucky!

Terri said...

OK I will stop complaining about my Seattle weather....

Kelly said...

Oh, the snow looks so beautiful!!

mborrero said...

it looks so beautiful!

Colleen said...

but it's so pretty!!!
we never get snow. NEVER! only ice and it sucks.

Michele Kovack said...

Holy snow!!! LOVE That adorable puppy face!!!