Sunday, December 14, 2008

Feeling much more Christmas-y today

I actually feel like I'm starting to get things done. It may have something to do with the Christmas tree I bought yesterday. Spent more than I should have but the smell is worth it. A few snags while decorating though. Half my lights don't work this year. But I'm used to doing an artificial tree with lights up and down each branch so there were more than enough to do a real tree. And I can't find the little wire hangers that I use for my ornaments. I have my in-laws picking some up today for me.
It was a bad day for spending money yesterday. When I went to Scrappin' Great Deals (after much driving around in circles because I didn't write down the directions), it was their Grand Opening. Which meant 20% off anything regular priced. Whoa. I took full advantage of that little deal. Some Distress Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Distress Ink, Tim Holtz scissors, Grungeboard, Petaloo Christmas flower pack, some Sassafras Life at the Pole papers, Dew Drops, LYB die-cut glittered snowflake cardstock. I spent some time playing with the Stickles last night to see what the difference was from the regular. I think the glitter pieces are a slightly larger and look fantastic when they're used tone-on-tone with the coordinating Distress ink. I'd love to be able to spend the time on the beautiful tags that Tim Holtz has been showing on his blog just lately. Tags are such a great size to try new techniques on.
Hoping to get the tree finished up today, some more decorating (bought a few new decorations for the kids to use in their playroom), and most importantly, baking. Gingerbread, shortbread, maybe brownies. Once I get going, I tend to get a fair bit done. I'm kind of craving caramel popcorn, so we may do a batch of that too. Wish I could share with y'all!
Have a great Sunday!

No comments: