Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wow!

I can't believe how well the crop is going at Back Porch Memories! Alissa and the girls have done a great job organizing and preparing challenges and classes. And the "turn out" has been fantastic! There are 10 challenges that are due tonight at midnight EST.
This is one that I prepared called "Beautifully Rustic" which challenges you to use rustic and pretty elements on your layout.

There are also another 7 challenges and 5 classes that you can work on until next Saturday night. You can complete up to 3 projects for EACH challenge or class. Each project you submit is entered into the grand prize drawing for a 6 month subscription. No wonder so many people are scrappin' like mad women this weekend!
These are two more challenges that I prepared and they are not due until next Saturday.
My "Overkill" Challenge was to use a crazy amount of one or two types of embellishments and I used buttons and Dewdrops in abundance.

The last challenge I prepared is called "I See Through You" and asks you to use preprinted transparencies as a major element in a card. Something you can whip up quickly.








I've also had some time to work on the challenges that the other design team member came up with. Hoping to get some more done today and I'll post a few tomorrow.
Hope you all are having a great weekend. The weather here is lovely and my kids were outside all day yesterday. Nothing makes the little guy happier than spending the day outdoors with his big brothers. Paul and Bob are definately cut from the same cloth .... love doing anything outside and poor weather really doesn't even deter them. Will, on the other hand, is much more like me. He'll go outside for awhile, but would rather be inside. He spent part of the day working on creating a book. He's a funny little 6-year-old. He's also very accident prone like me. He already has a fading bruise on his cheek from running into another kid and falling on his face at karate the other night. Last night, Bob kicked him in the eye while jumping out of a tree. He's always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Last year, Bob hit him in the head with a baseball bat because he was standing too close. Poor kid. I can sympathize. I somehow managed to smash my head into the back of a pig stall this morning. Swear to God. So you see, it's better if we stay indoors ... away from the dangers that lurk out there. A kitten may trip us or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very beautiful cards!