Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tired

Dude.
I'm so tired today. I got to bed last night and kept thinking of all the things I still need to do today. And instead of getting to my list, I'm sitting here talking to y'all. I've got a real problem with my priorities.
Today is the wedding shower for the wedding that Dave is best man for. It's a big one with lots of aunts and uncles and kids.
For my bit, yesterday I made ...
- Triple Chocolate Brownies (mix from Costco ... soooo good)
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing (also from a mix but I hate grating carrots and it's also soooo good)
- Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Hello Dolly Squares
- Butter Tarts (I cheated and bought the tart shells. I used to make my own but discovered my husband doesn't like my pastry and this is so much easier!)
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Sprinkles
I also made up a batch of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins but that was just to use up some overripe bananas.
I decorated a box for people to put cards in and it totally didn't turn out the way I wanted. I don't even want to take a picture to show! Maybe it'll look better in the light of day, but I'm thinking it's going to look worse.
And I started on a little guest book.
Today's list ...
- finish guest book
- Father's Day card for Opa
- wrap shirt and put together a tray of sweets for Opa
- scrub and polish children
- serious self-grooming (this will likely take the longest)
- PEDICURE (This is not an option. I'm not leaving the house with these feet the way they are.)
- cut up and attractively display fruit & dips on platters
- deliver said shirt and sweets to Opa
- load all of my precious baked goods and fruit and lawn chairs and children in van

I'm just waiting for my coffee to kick in before I get moving.
Oh, hey ... did you notice I've been messing with my blog? Spent a few hours on it last night when I should have been sleeping. I've gotten the bug now. Next up ... new header.

It's been raining the past few days but it's supposed to be nice today. Hope so. This shower is going to be outside and I don't think she has an indoor alternative.
OK. Coffee seems to be working.
Think I'll tackle that Father's Day card for Opa first. It doesn't require too much energy :)
Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Karen Foster said...

Hi Taraa ~ I am new to your blog and I was facinated with the fact that you are from Ontario. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ottawa! My son played spring/summer hockey on a team up there this year we made several (more than that ) to Kanata, Orleans, Glouster, and other spots. Are you near Ottawa and are there any good scrapbook stores there?
I have to say the people in Ottawa ....so friendly when comparing them to those in Quebec.