Saturday, June 20, 2009

Clothes Shopping

I've never really been a big fan of clothes shopping. Even at my thinnest (and that is definately not right now), I hate trying stuff on. I'm never happy with the fit. I don't like anything tight around my waist or having my upper arms show. So much for summer clothes.
The last year, I've put on some weight. Especially around my middle. I keep putting off buying anything new because I know I'll lose the weight as soon as I decide to. But I've got nothing to wear right now. So I bit the bullet this week and hit some stores. What a nightmare. I came home with a few things on Wednesday. Typical yoga pants and hoodie. Nothing new there. But I need something a little dressier for Sunday's shower and I wanted black capris to wear with a shirt I bought 3 years ago and is still in my closet with the price tag on. I don't think you have Mark's Work Wearhouse in the US, but here in Canada, they have a surprising amount of women's clothing. And it's all quite comfortable. And it was 20% off everything yesterday. Found some comfy stuff. Came home to try my new black pants on with my shirt .... and they're dark brown. I swear to God. I'm losing it. I've never done that before. So I guess my hunt for black pants will continue another day. Or said shirt will remain in the closet for another year.
My next horror show will be the search for something to wear to the wedding in July. Blech. I wish I could just rent a tux like the fellas.
Speaking of weddings, I have a bunch of wedding cards to do for this summer. I need about 3, my mom needs 2 and I still have to do a shower card for tomorrow. I started on them this past week but I seem to have a really difficult time doing cards.
Here's what I've come up with so far...
A really simple one ...

I used a Hambly rub-on for the frame and coloured it in with a Fantastix stick and two shades of Martha Stewart inks. I love the watercolour effect and I'm too cheap to start buying Copix markers. The sentiment is stamped.

I'm not sure if I like this one for a wedding card or not. I used the Noel Mignon Penny Arcade kit and love the card itself, but it seems like more of an all occasion or anniversary card.

I don't know. I'll probably end up using it for the shower this weekend.
I usually end up leaving the inside blank but I'd like to include some nice verses or quotes for a change. I'd love to know what everyone else uses inside. Link me up!

1 comment:

Tara Powell said...

Your cards are great!
Funny that you would post wedding cards, I am on my way up to mess of a scrap room to make one right now!
Have a great weekend :)