Thursday, October 1, 2009

Noel Mignon Challenge

Noel has a fantastic challenge running right now. The only requirement is that you need to use 5 kit items unique to her kits. It's funny ... I thought I was flush with NM kits, but I'm actually starting to run out! I guess it's because I reach for her kits first when I sit down. Must be time for a new kit. I skipped the last few because I had such a pile, but now I feel justified in ordering again ;)

The first layout I did for the challenge uses the sold out Day By Day kit. It's actually a project kit, meant for the binder included in the kit. I've gone another way with the binder, so I decided to use some of the kit contents on this layout.



The following items all came from the Day By Day kit:
Basic Grey June Bug patterned paper and buttons (I had to add a few matching buttons from my own stash)
Hambly Mini Mintage Rub-On
Jenni Bowlin Date Label Rub-On
Making Memories Circle Journaling Sticker
Creative Cafe Decorative Pocket
Vintage Fabric
Ribbon

From the Eyes of Blue kit:
Jenni Bowlin Red Trim Cardstock Alphabet Stickers

From the Five Foot Two kit:
American Crafts Ladybug Patchwork Thickers (these seems a little too "pink" so I sprayed them with red Maya Mist for a richer red colour)

From the Rise & Shine kit:
Jenni Bowlin Ticket



The only things added from my own stash were the kraft cardstock used for the background, the Scenic Route pp used for my journaling card, some Martha Stewart baker's twine and the American Crafts foam leaf. I covered the leaf with the Dew Drop Rocket Red ink that came in the Day By Day kit and once dry (tip ... do not use your heat gun on foam to speed up the drying process ... it smokes!) covered with a layer of Rock Candy Distress Stickles. The Jenni Bowlin star sticker also had a layer of Stickles.



My second layout uses supplies mostly from the Five Foot Two (sold out) and Eyes of Blue (still available) kits.

From the Five Foot Two kit:
Prima Signs of Spring and Cosmo Cricket Early Bird patterned papers
Collage Press Roman Holiday die cut paper
Prima Canvas Tag
Maya Road Chipboard Border (covered with Dew Drop Rocket Red ink from the Day By Day kit and Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint)
Prima Lollipop flower (one split up and made into three with the addition of paper scraps from this kit and Jenni Bowlin Back Porch mini papers from the Eyes of Blue Kit)
Lily Bee Three Birds Rub-Ons
Shabby Chic Crafts Tag
Sassafras Lass Dainty Dots brads
Creative Imaginations Narratives Journaling Sheet
October Afternoon Wild Card

From the Eyes of Blue kit:
Jenni Bowlin Red Trim Carstock Alphabet Stickers

I added in some Pink Paislee letter stickers from my own stash to finish the title.



The kraft coloured circle used in one of the flowers is punched from Prima packaging.





I've got another layout on the go. Hope to get it finished up tonight!

1 comment:

Noel said...

Fantastic projects Tara!! I really love how you used the shaped paper on the 2nd one...very clever! :)