Sunday, August 1, 2010

Scrap Your CRAP! ... Challenge #56: Measure Me Up

A new month means a new challenge over at Scrap Your CRAP!
This month's challenge was to use tape ... decorative (if you have it) or whatever tape you have around the house ... masking, duct, electrical ... just whatever.
I've done layouts using masking tape in the past, but have had the Tim Holtz Nostalgic Tissue Tape in my stash for awhile and hadn't tried it out yet.
I applied strips of it to the lower section of a Maya Road envelope. It's translucent, so the base colour only lightens slightly.
I also folded about a third of it over length-wise (so that there would still be a strip of the adhesive showing) and then pleated it around a punched circle of cardstock to use as a foral center.
Not tape related ... I also punched a butterfly using a Martha Stewart punch from Creative Imaginations Real Wood. It makes for a nice, subtle accent.
I used the June main kit and add-on kit from Up The Street for this layout. The colours were perfect for this sweet beach scene :)

1 comment:

Greta Adams said...

girl...that plummer's butt one i seriously laughed out loud... I LOVE IT!!!!!