Thursday, August 5, 2010

Up The Street August Project Kit

I've been wanting to do a little mini album kit for awhile, so when I saw the sweet little camping flashcards from Elle's Studio, I thought this would be the perfect time to do it.
There is a real mix of manufacturers in "Travel Journal" ... Basic Grey, Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon, Pebbles, Teresa Collins, Studio Calico, 7 Gypsies, Elle's Studio, Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras, Maya Road, Ranger and Prima. Aaaannnnddd, a few vintage bits thrown in for fun. Phew. That's a lot of stuff.
Fronts of papers ...
And backs ...
Vintage clothespin, bottlecaps and scrabble tiles ...
My plan is to make a few layouts first, and then use the leftovers to make my mini.
This is a layout that I literally did while we were camping this summer. Real simple ... just showcasing a photo of my dad and I when I was small. I used the Jillibean cardstock from the main kit as my background.
I can't share my second layout just yet. The Scrap Your CRAP! gals were asked to contribute to Scrap Street's October issue and I used the Travel Journal kit to create my layout.
But I will show a few little peeks.
The trim is leftover from the June's "Summer Daydream" (still a few left), but the teal colour in it was so perfect with the October Afternoon paper ...
The chipboard letters and pearls are from the main kit, but again, the colours were perfect for this layout. I cut the base for the title from the Teresa Collins paper and then went over the edge design with the Ranger Rock Candy Distress Stickles.

Hope everyone is staying cool! It's crazy hot here. Thank goodness for pools :)

No comments: