Monday, November 7, 2011

A few more from September ...

... and then I'll get on to the latest (November) kit.

I took this photo back in the summer as I was driving to work.  I've gotten just terrible at remembering to take photos while the "subjects" are around.  A perfect example would be that I didn't take one single picture of the kids in their Hallowe'en costumes this year.  I may have to make them dress up just so I can pretend that I was on the ball on All Hallows Eve.
But I'm glad I stopped the car, rolled down the window and clicked a few times at this wheat field.  It's not our own field ... but who's to know ;)
I typically don't go this linear with my designs, but I really wanted the photo to shine.  I had also applied a TTV frame to it in PSE before I printed it.
The tag is die-cut from a Sizzix die and then fancied up along the short edge with the Spellbinders Classic Triple Scallop Edgeablilities die.
Supplies:  Up The Street September Kit ("Bliss"), black craft string, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Basic Grey Hello Lucious Micro Mono stickers, Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink.

Just a super quick layout of the boys heading to the car when we were going away for a sleepover at Grandma's. 
Love the glassine envelopes and the butterfly rub-ons.
And just a little bit of that Best Creations glitter paper punched here and there for a bit of interest.
Supplies:  Up The Street September Kit ("Escape"), Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers (North Country), MME Lost & Found 2 Precious Brads, WRMK Sew Easy Fancy Floss Baker's Twine (neutral), Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.

This is one of my favorite layouts from the past while.  Very simple in execution and a story behind the photo.  Bill is my mom's first cousin and because she was an only child, we've been very close with Bill's family.  His daughter Jodi is, and has always been, one of my closest friends and when we go camping in the summer, it's with Jodi's family and now her brother Paul's family.  This day, Jodi's sister Jenny and their parents came back to the Pinery for the day and we all went to the beach in the afternoon.  Just a beautiful day, a nice breeze coming off the lake, all the kids playing together ... a really nice memory.  I was sitting under the umbrellas talking with Bill, only to look over to see him sleeping.  It brought back such a rush of memory as my dad would check out like that right in the middle of our conversations once in awhile.  I never took it personally ... it was just how relaxed our relationship was.  Dad's been gone for eight years now and it's been awhile since someone (other than a little guy) has fallen asleep on me.  I kinda liked it :)
The Bo Bunny papers in this kit ended up being my favorite.  They were already so distressed that I felt as if I didn't have to do too much more to them.  All I really did here was spray a little mist behind the area I planned to add my cluster.
I printed out my journaling on kraft cardstock and trimmed the top to mimic the curve of the glassine envelope.  A little brad finishes my tag.  And while I like that you can see through the envelope to the tag below, I thought it was more fun to cover parts of it up so that only bits of the journaling showed.  It was actually the perfect spot for the title and another of those fabulous 7 Gypsies butterfly rub-ons.

Supplies: Up The Street September Kit ("Escape"), Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers (North Country), MME Lost & Found 2 Precious Brads, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Studio Calico mist, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Unity Stamps July KOM, date stamp.

One more quick one ... well ... it wasn't really a quick one :)  I've been waiting for the Unity Stamps Blossom Stackers stamps and matching Spellbinders Blossom Tags & Accents dies for months now and as soon as I had them both in my little paws, this is what I made.
Glossy Accents to highlight some of the details in the patterned paper and around the edge of the largest stamped/die cut image.
And a little computer printed sentiment on the inside.
Supplies:  Up The Street September Kit ("Bliss"), Unity Stamps Blossom Stackers Stamps, Spellbinders Blossom Tags & Accents dies, Ranger Glossy Accents, Studio Calico mist, Ranger Perfect Pearls mist, black pigment ink, clear embossing powder.

That's it for today.  The sun is shining here.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful and creative Monday :)

No comments: