Saturday, March 17, 2012

A layout and a Project

A full month ago, my friend Sarah nominated me for this ...

Liebster is German and means 'dearest' or 'beloved' but it can also mean 'favorite'. The idea of the Liebster award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers. So, in the spirit of good fun I am passing this award on to five other bloggers. Please stop by and visit them.
The Rules are:
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your five picks for the award and let them know.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogshare-other bloggers.
5. Finally and the best rule of all.....have fun and spread the love!
Her exact quote when mentioning my blog was, "lovely pages, but never posts enough ;)".  What a surprise that it's taken me so long to post about it.  I am the absolute worst.  She came in to crop with me last week and gave me a good natured verbal spanking regarding the fact that I STILL had not posted.  So thanks Sarah ... I need the odd push to help me update once in awhile :)

But now ... who else to nominate?
1.  Laura ... my constant scrapping companion (she has a few more than 200 followers, but I'm going to cheat)
2.  Jenn ... our niece who has just taken up scrapbooking this year and is banging out the layouts and projects at a furious pace
3.  Tetsy ... a local gal who shares her beautiful photography and the odd handmade card
4.  Erin ... a new friend I've met through the store who is much, much better than I at updating her blog with cards and layouts
5.  Jennifer ... a local professional photographer with a wonderful eye

Now that I've gotten that out of the way I can move on to some scrappy things ...

A layout of my mom from Christmas with the sold out Sweet Love kit ...
Using a newly arrived Unity Stamp ... layered and accented with Iced Spruce Distress Ink, Mallard Glimmer Mist and Everglade Glitter from the Art Institute ...
I've been trying to use my Silhoette more lately.  I've had the thing for years and know I don't use it nearly enough.  And I'd love to upgrade to the Cameo but just can't justify it unless I'm making use of the one I currently own :)
Love the handwriting images for titles and the shadow technique that Nicole Magouirk uses frequently.  I like to add a layer of Glossy Accents to the top layer of the word to further accent it ... 
Another fun little project I finished last week ...
I used one of the new Christy Tomlinson stamps from Unity ... stamped first onto kraft coloured tissue with Jet Black Archival Ink, attached to the 6x6 canvas with Claudine Hellmuth Matte Medium and allowed to fully dry.  By just masking the image with paper towel, I sprayed a few different Glimmer Mists and filled in bare spots with a paint brush, I created the background.  I then used a blender pen and Distress Inks to colour the girl.  I was wishing I had the Ranger Distress Markers already :)
To finish, I printed out a quote I saw on Pinterest and attached over the existing stamped quote.
I do have more projects to share, but I'll maybe save a few and try to post again in the near future.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: