Monday, July 16, 2012

July Up The Street Kits

I've been back for a week now from camping, and feel like I'm still not caught up.  So many things I had planned to get done are just not being done.  Ah well ... such is summer.
The July kits went live on the website yesterday and I've made a bit of a dent in them already.  (Click on any of the photos for a closer look).
I went with Bob's class for their field trip this June and one of the activites was climbing the rock wall.  The colours were perfect for "Workin' For The Weekend" kit ...
I like to mount the stickers on cardstock and then trim so that they're a little more firm when I put foam adhesive behind them.  The camera image was more of a grey colour and didn't really work.  A problem easily solved with some Copic marker colouring.  One of my favorite title techniques right now is to cut my word using the Silhouette twice from white paper and spraying one layer with mists.  Whether the coloured version or the white version goes on top depends on the background colours.  The coloured version on this layout uses Studio Calico Water Cooler with a layer of Shine over top.
A quick tag cut from patterened paper is sprayed using the Water Cooler and a Dyan Reavy stencil.  The Studio Calico badge is from the Destinations line (not included in the kit but available in the store) and the "June" tag is from the "Hit The Beach" kit.  A few Unity Stamp images are stamped and fussy cut.
Another one with the same kit.  The Studio Calico paper in the background is my new favorite.  I can't decide if this layout is done or not.  I add things and they look too busy so as of right now, I'm calling it good.
Lovelovelove these Amy Tangerine stickers.  I'm trying to contain myself and use them sparingly but I'm so tempted to just go wild with them.
That's it for today.  Visit the Gallery to see some more work done with the July Kits.
Stay cool!

No comments: