Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I'm sore all over today. We worked on wood yesterday and although I'm used to working in the barn, I guess this task used a few muscles that normally sit dormant.
My FIL would take the tractor and dump trailer to the other farm to get a load of wood, bring it back, I would help him unload it and he would go back for another load while I shovelled the bark and dirt and junk that was mixed with the wood into anther pile to take away when we were done.

Paul was riding back and forth with him but fell asleep. Here he is having his nap under the grape vines with Miss Molly. He woke up while Opa was gone to get another load and was some upset that he was left behind.

Once he got back on a tracter he was all good. I can definately see farming in this kid's future.

This is the result of our labours yesterday. My FIL cut the wood last winter from tree tops left from when the bush was logged a few years ago. When there's a nice day, he just goes down and cuts logs until he's had enough. We bought the little covering when they were on sale a few weeks ago. There was supposed to be a little shed of some sort built this summer, but it never got done and this seemed like a decent soloution. We have an outdoor wood furnace that heats our house, our in-laws' house as well as the work shop. It takes a fair bit of wood through the winter, but works really well.


We went to speech therapy for Paul this morning ... I dropped my MIL, Paul and Will off there so that I could take Molly for her shots while they did that. She was so good. Not even a little peep out of her. She's better than I am for getting needles!
A few groceries and we were back home before lunch. Should get some cleaning done but I'm more in the mood for a nap!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

OMG I absolutely LOVE the pictures of little Paul sleeping and the one on the tractor :D What a little sweetie!!!!