Friday, June 19, 2009

Sigh

Well. I've had about enough of my kids for today. Not a nice thing to say but I'm saying it.
The plan is to go sleep in the tent trailer tonight. But it's supposed to thunderstorm. So it may not happen.
We're helping at the shower on Sunday for the couple whose wedding party Dave is a part of this summer. I've volunteered to do the desserts. I've got lots of little yummy things planned but we'll see how my time goes. I bought all kinds of fruit and dip but I want to make sweets too. I know this crowd (a lot of older aunts and uncles) and they like the type of desserts you'd find at a church supper. There should be quite a few kids too, so I bought popcicles and ring pops for them. I did all my shopping today so I don't plan on leaving the house tomorrow at all. We also need to get our BBQ over to the house of the people that are hosting the shower. I should probably clean it up a little better than I do when we use it. It looks a little rough. Most importantly, I need a pedicure. Seriously.
I've managed to do a few scrappies this week. Both of these layouts are from Inspired Blueprints sketches.
Used up some older stash. I knew I was holding onto it for the perfect project.
This is one of my favorite Thicker fonts right now. And I managed to get some glittered ones this week. So yummy.
This one is done with the Noel Mignon sold out Rise & Shine kit. Documenting the horrible habits of this little pooch. Sometimes I wonder if we should have gotten her. I'm hoping she grows out of this stage at some point.
Pink Paislee glitter on the Thicker chipboard brackets. Whatta mess.
I finally broke into the June kit from Scrapbook Memories. All of the paper, cardstock, chipboard accents and Kaiser gems are from the kit but I added in some Hambly transparencies & rub-ons, Making Memories little glittered letter stickers and Sassafras layered flower from the store. The Heidi Swapp alphas have been in my stash for about two years now.
Do you have any idea how difficult it was for me to purposely spell "Colour" the American way? I actually had to go back and change it because I'd spelled it the Canadian way.
The little tag and gnome playing card came in another kit but I couldn't tell you which one.

I need to still do a Father's Day card for my FIL and a card for the wedding shower on Sunday.
And do all my baking tomorrow. I hope it's not raining because the kids NEED to be out of the house so I can actually get something done.
Wishing you all a sun-shiney weekend of fun fun fun!

No comments: