Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Surf's Up!

What's happening?
Thanks to everyone for their nice comments on my Monkey Mug layout. It's funny how sometimes you just spend forever playing and adding things, and sometimes just a few doodads do the trick.
The water in the photo matched the Basic Grey paper perfectly (after playing a bit in PSE) and I decided I wanted to keep everything pretty monochromatic.
I am currently addicted to these Thickers. Love the colour, love the font, love the sparkles.

And just because I had to get my fingers a bit dirty, I sprayed the grungeboard with Glimmer Mist (riptide), rubbed a bit of Distress Ink (peeled paint) and accented the raised dots with Distress Stickles (rock candy).

I am loving this teal blue right now. Everything I've bought recently is either a shade of it or coordinates with it. Maybe I'm missing the water at the beach from the summer. We should try to get back again before it gets cold. We've had such a beautiful September. But once the kids are back in school, you don't really think of going to the beach anymore. It's a cryin' shame.



No comments: