Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hi All!

It's been ages since I've posted anything here. I've been around ... just too lazy to post.
Just lazy in general I guess. I'm having a hard time getting excited about anything. Looking for something that will inspire me to get moving again.
I've done some scrapping. In fact, I just photographed 8 layouts and a project. I won't slam them all at you right now though. Just one.
The challenge at The Everyday Scrapper this month was to do a layout with swirls and flourishes. I saw this sketch at Prima and thought it went welll with the theme.
The photo is of my mother-in-law and our new great-nephew. He's the first of that generation and is already getting spoiled beyond measure.

The larger flower was made with regular crepe paper streamer. I used decorative scissors along one edge (my edge punches wouldn't work at all), did a running stitch along the other edge and gathered it up. It workes exactly like fabric but isn't quite as bulky.

That's it for now. It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon but I need to get some things done. Groceries, for one. And get Will's Hallowe'en costume figured out. He's a picky fellow and doesn't seem to like anything we come up with. Wish me luck!

No comments: